description: "Find out what I am doing now: what I'm learning or reading, what I'm working on in my free time, and where I'm at professionally."
@ -8,19 +8,29 @@ description: "Find out what I am doing now: what I'm learning or reading, what I
**You might also want to read:** [What is a "now page"?](https://nownownow.com/about)
## Recent academic and professional progress
I've been interviewing for full-time employment and preparing to finish my first semester in the Master of Information program at Rutgers University - New Brunswick. I'm also formulating my independent leadership project for NJLEND.
I'm now in my second semester in the Master of Information (MI) degree program at Rutgers University School of Communication and Information. I'm preparing to wrap up my independent leadership project for NJLEND, which has focused on the increased prevalence of autism spectrum disorder over time.
I started working as a Data Science Graduate Specialist for Rutgers University Libraries this semester, a role in which I am developing and teaching weekly, open workshops in "Data Science Basics" for individuals who want to improve their data management and visualization skills. Earlier this month, I also started working on a pilot study with a professor from the Department of Library and Information Science.
I've decided that, after graduating with the MI degree, I want to pursue a research doctorate (i.e., a PhD) in a basic social science (e.g., sociology) or interdisciplinary field.
## In my free time
I created a [Letterboxd account](https://letterboxd.com/ethanyoo/stats/) to log the movies that I watch.
I'm applying and interviewing for summer internships.
I'm making a list of PhD programs to which I might apply in 2024. I also plan to take the GRE in the next few months.
## What I'm learning
* Esri tools (including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Business Analyst, and ArcGIS Story Maps)
* Self-hosting (again) with a focus on Docker containers and server administration (e.g., Ansible)
* Current courses: Metadata for the Information Professional, Database Design and Management, Data Analytics for Informational Professionals
# In previous months
## November 2022 to February 2023
* I interviewed for full-time employment with many interesting non-profit organizations.
* I created a [Letterboxd account](https://letterboxd.com/ethanyoo/stats/) to log the movies that I watch.
* I spent some time reviewing Esri tools (e.g., ArcGIS Pro) and self-hosting concepts (e.g., Docker containers and Ansible).
## October 2022
* I finished my year of national service in the [AmeriCorps VISTA](https://americorps.gov/serve/fit-finder/americorps-vista) program on October 24, 2022.