|Now||2021-09-29||permalink||Find out what I am doing now: what I'm reading, what I'm working on in my free time, and where I'm at professionally.|
You might also want to read: What is a "now page"?
Recent academic and professional decisions
As of September 2021, I am taking a leave of absence from the Master of Social Work (MSW) program at Smith College School for Social Work. Through the AmeriCorps VISTA program, I will be working at a human service organization as a Program Evaluation Specialist.
In my free time
What I'm reading
Schoonmaker, S. (2018). Free software, the Internet, and global communities of resistance. Routledge.
In previous months
- I started participating in #100DaysToOffload on December 1. #100DaysToOffload "challenge[s] people to publish 100 posts on their personal blog in a year." I'm posting these entries to Write.as, a blogging platform with its foundations in free software and a respect for privacy.
- I left Mastodon for a few weeks before creating a new account as @firstname.lastname@example.org on December 29.
- I wrote my first "personal" post on November 2, where I describe leaving Cloudflare and GitLab Pages.
- I'm back to volunteering as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) as of November 4.
- I posted the privacy and security policy for this website on November 8.
- I wrote a new "Start" page on November 11; it's now more of a landing page. There is an image of the old index page at the bottom of this post.
- I added the "Now" page (what you're currently reading) on November 11.